Falabella’s investment plan for 2022

news January 2022 Press release

What: To strengthen its physical and digital ecosystem, the retailer will invest USD 711 million in technology, logistics and stores.

Why it is important: Falabella will invest 60% of this sum on technology and logistics to strengthen the capabilities and value proposition of and expand in Peru and Colombia. The remaining 40% will be mainly invested in expanding the store network, with a particular focus on Ikea in Chile and Colombia, Sodimac in Mexico and Brazil, and Tottus in Peru.
Investments in technology and logistics aim at strengthening the omni-channel experience for customers and sellers through the following initiatives:

•    Improve the e-commerce platform, add new product categories.
•    Expand App functionality to optimize the in-store shopping experience, by focusing on the complete customer journey from an omni- channel perspective.
•    Strengthen digital banking and Fpay, by expanding its functionalities such as a digital wallet.
•    Strengthen home delivery logistics and focus on reducing delivery times and increasing last mile visibility and traceability. 
•    Increase the order processing and packing capacity.
•    Expand third-party product processing capabilities, covering warehousing, packaging and delivery services.
•    Improve on-demand delivery and expand assortment, in order to expand the capabilities and products available to Marketplace sellers.

Investments in physical stores:

•    Develop Ikea in Chile and Colombia, Home Improvement in Mexico and Brazil, expanding Tottus in Peru, and improving the regional store network.
•    USD 135 million of the plan will be invested in the multi-year store opening plan, which expects to open 19 stores in the region during 2022.  
•    USD 158 million will be invested in innovations and optimizing the existing stores, through renovations and remodeling to improve the integration of digital into the physical shopping experience.


IADS user
Forgot password?

New user? Activate your IADS account