Implement Effective Merchandising
Learn the key principles of an implementation organization in-store
This is a comprehensive one-day course covering all aspects of merchandising and display in modern retail. It will give you a thorough understanding of merchandising, its practical application and the different roles of an operational merchandiser.
You will explore your agility in store, how to optimise the product offer, learn how to take ownership of a merchandising guidelines from headquarters, and more importantly, to improve your process of implementation.
Morning: a theoretical introduction based on different successful textbook cases of department stores environment.
During this first part of the day, the trainer will use different learning techniques (games) and focused case studies based on the documents provided by participants before the training course.
Afternoon: the second part of the day will be dedicated to bespoke workshops. Throughout these exercises the participants will be required to engage in group discussion. Each team will do a self-assess exercise on a particular topic with the aim of finding practical and realistic solutions.
After the course, participants will be able to apply their newly-acquired knowledge in the preparation of the next year strategy and the day-to-day team practice.
There are two workshops for this course:
- Understand the merchandising guidelines from HQ and take the ownership store implementation: what is your effective organization with all the participants
- Understand a product offer assortment
- What is specific about merchandising for a department store, beyond good visual merchandising: key responsibilities of the merchandiser; key skills required; aims and objectives
- Integrate customer behaviour through fields of vision, memories and buying motivations
- Learn how to take ownership of a merchandising guideline from headquarters and how to translate it into an operational perspective
- Master main merchandising principles, tips, and best practices to organise your offer: vertical, horizontal, others. Identify which ones are effective in your department store and why they are essential to your brand identity
- How to self-assess your implementation: strength et weakness and key points to remember
- Seasonal and promotion: learn to manage the product life-time curve in store
- Challenge your operational merchandiser team with factual and measurable objectives
- Understand the importance of signage and the logic behind customer reading
- Interpret KPI’s after implementation and react with an action plan, and more importantly drive the revenue
If you wish to up-grade your merchandising skills, then this course is perfect for you:
- Visual merchandisers
- Sales associates with merchandising responsibilities
- Associate who needs to cooperate with the operational merchandising team
Upon successful completion of this course you can progress to more advanced course:
“DEVELOP YOUR MERCHANDISING STRATEGY” – 1 day Training
or beginner course: ‘’ VISUAL MERCHANDISING RULES’’ – 1 day Training
You will acquire or improve your skills and achieve a higher degree of autonomy.
You will become more confident in sharing your views and ideas on the optimisation of the shop floor layout.
You will significantly boost your credibility as a professional in your area of expertise and beyond.
All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must have an excellent command of this language, in order to be able to participate in group discussions and understand presentations in English.
Four weeks prior to the course, all participants will be asked to send documents, guides and photos used in their company.
Based on their documents, they will learn, in group discussions, to identify shortcomings or bottlenecks in order to improve their practices.
All course evaluations are based on self-assessment.
Sessions will be communicated on demand.