Develop your own Merchandising Strategy
Learn the key principles of a Merchandising Strategy to drive business performance
This is a comprehensive one-day course covering all aspects of the structure of an assortment regarding your positioning, your customer recognition, your segmentation and process of work with HQ merchandising team.
It will give you a clear vision on product development and assortment reduction.
Our practice is based on our field methodology “BIG” Business Intelligency for Goods.
Morning: a theoretical introduction based on different successful textbook cases of department store & retail environments. All the lectures are inspired by Parisian fashion brands.
During this first part of the day, the trainer will use different learning techniques (games) and focused case studies based on the documents provided by participants before the training course.
Afternoon: the second part of the day will be dedicated to bespoke workshops. Throughout these exercises, the participants will be required to engage in group discussions. Each team will do a self-assessed exercise on a particular topic with the aim of finding practical and realistic solutions.
After the course, participants will be able to apply their newly-acquired knowledge in the preparation of the next year strategy and the day-to-day team practice.
There are two workshops for this course:
- Audit of the assortment: strengths and weaknesses for product development.
- Pilot internal process of work with all the concerned teams.
- Understanding customer behaviour in-store through fields of vision, memories and buying motivations
- Evaluate the assortment for your own brands or international brands with a customer point of view (process BIG)
- Identify your strengths and opportunities in products development (process BIG)
- Understand how strategical merchandising can help when involved earlier in the development process
- Define and pilot the assortment and revenue through different merchandising axes, including digital experience (process BIG)
- Identify the allocation assortment by department stores sizes
- Learn to build merchandising guidelines for operational teams
- Interpret KPIs and define a corrective merchandising action plan in store
- Understand the importance of signage and the logic behind customer reading
If you wish to change your point of view on customers vision and understanding, to think out of the box and challenge your internal processes, then this course is perfect for you:
- Merchandise director
- Merchandiser or Visual merchandiser who want to upgrade their knowledge and integrate HQ
- Category manager
- Associate who needs to cooperate with the merchandise partners
On successful completion of this course you can progress to more advanced courses:
“IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE MERCHANDISING” – 1 day Training
You will acquire or improve your skills, new beliefs and a new vision on how to grow your business and revenue.
You will significantly increase your relationship with brands and, more importantly, boost your credibility in your area of expertise and beyond.
All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must have an excellent command of this language, in order to be able to participate in group discussions and understand presentations in English.
Four weeks prior to the course, all participants will be asked to send documents, guides and schedules used in their company.
Based on their documents, they will learn, in group discussions, to identify shortcomings or bottlenecks in order to improve their practices.
All course evaluations are based on self-assessment.
Sessions will be communicated on demand.