Implement Effective Food Merchandising
Learn the key principles of products performance and visual merchandising
This is a comprehensive one-day course covering all aspects of merchandising and displays in modern food retail. It will give you a thorough understanding of food merchandising but also visual merchandising new trends.
You will start with the basics but will go on to explore your agility in your store and, more importantly, you will learn how to bring greed and magic for an effective “ guests journey”.
Our best practices are based on French food hall references.
Morning: a theoretical introduction based on different successful textbook cases of Food hall & Retail environments
During this first part of the day, the trainer will use different learning techniques (games) and focused case studies based on the documents provided by participants before the training course.
Afternoon: the second part of the day will be dedicated to bespoke workshops. Throughout these exercises the participants will be required to engage in group discussions. Each team will do a self-assessed exercise on a particular topic with the aim of finding practical and realistic solutions.
After the course, participants will be able to apply their newly-acquired knowledge in their day-to-day practice.
The workshops for this training are the following:
- How to create an efficient window display in food environment. What is the good selection of product and why?
- Learn to read a food product range to understand a merchandising chart from the headquarters.
- What is specific about merchandising for a department store, beyond good visual merchandising: key responsibilities of the merchandiser, key skills required, aims and objectives
- Understanding customer behaviour through fields of vision and memories
- Learn how to take ownership of a merchandising guideline from headquarter and how to transform it into an operational perspective
- Master main merchandising principles, tips, and best practices to organise your offer: vertical, horizontal, others. Identify which ones are effective in your department store and why they are essential to your brand identity
- How to set up a merchandising for a mix product assortment in store: fresh food & grocery. What are the appropriate sales rituals?
- Recognise your range of visual merchandising tools, and learn all their uses. Which one is missing to optimise product visibility, to minimize stock floor and create emotional guest experience
- Understand the goals of a window display in food environment that showcases your brand identity as well as specific products
- Understand the importance of signage and the logic behind customer reading
- Understanding customer behaviour and buying motives
- How to interpret KPI’s and define a corrective merchandising action plan in store
If you wish to develop your merchandising or visual merchandising skills, then this course is perfect for you:
- Beginner merchandisers
- Visual merchandisers who want to upgrade their knowledge in food environment
- Sales associates with merchandising responsibilities
- Associate who needs to cooperate with the merchandising and VM team
Upon successful completion of this course you can progress to more advanced courses:
“DEVELOP YOUR MERCHANDISING STRATEGY” – 1 day training
“IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE MERCHANDISING” – 1 day training
You will acquire or improve your skills and achieve a higher degree of autonomy and the ability to develop a point of view on shifting the shop floor layout.
You will significantly increase your understanding on the mix: sales goals, product quantity and quality of presentation.
You will become more confidence with a new vision, and the ability to develop your creativity in your area of expertise and beyond.
All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must have an excellent command of this language, in order to be able to participate in group discussions and understand presentations in English. .
Four weeks prior to the course, all participants will be asked to send documents, guides and photos used in their company.
Based on these documents, they will learn, in group discussions, to identify shortcomings or bottlenecks in order to improve their practices.
All course evaluations are based on self-assessment.
Sessions will be communicated on demand.