Introduction to Visual Merchandising
Learn the key principles of Visual Merchandising in store and for Windows Displays
This is a comprehensive one-day course covering all aspects of visual merchandising in modern retail.
It will give you a thorough understanding of visual merchandising as a major vector for your brand, its practical application and the different roles of a Visual merchandiser.
You will understand how to display the products to attract customers and, more importantly, how to bring excitement into your stores and windows displays.
Our best references are based on Parisian fashion brands.
Morning: a theoretical introduction based on different successful cases of department store environments.
During this first part of the day, the trainer will use different learning techniques (games) and focused case studies based on the documents provided by participants before the training course.
Afternoon: the second part of the day will be dedicated to bespoke workshops based on case studies. Throughout these exercises, the participants will be required to engage in group discussions. Each team will do a self-assessed exercise on a particular topic with the aim of finding practical and realistic solutions.
After the course, participants will be able to apply their newly-acquired knowledge in their day-to-day practice.
There are two workshops for this course:
- Identify your scenography challenges: budget, suppliers, team
- Reconcile your brand values and creativity
- What is specific about visual merchandising for a department store? Beyond good merchandising: key responsibilities of the visual merchandiser; key skills required; aims and objectives?
- Understanding customer behaviour through fields of vision and memories,
- Become a confident VM when you understand the key display principles and structures ;
- Identify the main needs in terms of equipment for WD and in store PROPS ;
- Find out the current VM best practises used by current retailers or Department Stores and through this finding, learn to manage an inspiring and creative experience for customers ;
- Understand the objectives of a creative window display that showcases your brand identity as well as specific products ;
- Create a full sensory experience using colour or printed patterns ;
- Mannequins: learn the most effective way to handle and dress mannequin, understand to determine the best mannequins assortment that matches with your brand identity;
- Lighting: understand why it is very important to enhance the right product with the right lighting, what are the best practices?
If you wish to develop your visual merchandising skills, then this course is perfect for you:
- Beginner merchandisers
- Advanced merchandisers who want to learn more about VM practises
- Visual merchandisers who want to upgrade their knowledge
- Marketing project manager who want to understand more the process of creativity for WD
On successful completion of this course you can progress to more advanced courses:
‘’INTRODUCTION TO MERCHANDISING’’ – 1 day training
“IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE MERCHANDISING” – 1 day training
You will acquire or improve your skills and achieve a higher degree of autonomy.
You will become more confidence with a new vision, and the ability to develop your creativity in a DS environment.
You will significantly boost your credibility in your area of expertise and beyond.
All classes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English must have an excellent command of this language, in order to be able to participate in group discussions and understand presentations in English. .
Four weeks prior to the course, all participants will be asked to send documents, guides and photos used in their company.
Based on these documents, they will learn, in group discussions, how to identify shortcomings or bottlenecks in order to improve their practices.
All course evaluations are based on self-assessment.
Sessions will be communicated on demand.